Thursday 23 December 2010

The Blogmeister's Christmas Message

Well, if the Queen can do one of these things, so can I. I am amazed at the fact that we have made it this far. I must pay tribute to Neville, who encouraged me to start this blog, and has been very supportive ever since.Thanks also to Chas, who has brought a different perspective on political matters. Hopefully, he will write more on musical matters in 2011 - I have only recently learned that he is an expert on Northern Soul. Thanks to Mick, who has lent his presence to the blog. For me, it has been a great experience to write on political matters. It has been good discipline to research  topics and justify my opinions, rather than simply spouting them, pub style. This blog now draws regular hits from all over the world; nearly 1 in 5 of all hits come from countries other than the UK. All I want for Christmas for the blog is for some of these visitors to start posting!
As for the issues we've covered, I think we have focussed upon some important matters and made some pertinent comments. It's been a turbulent year, what with recession, the return of a Con-Dem government and the return of student protest to our streets. I wouldn't be surprised if the coming year is every bit as hectic, so look forward to more acerbic postings by me on the political situation.
To sum up, I'd like to say that if I could give out Christmas presents to all readers, I'd give each and everyone a massive slice of good luck - something tells me that we're going to need it.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!

4 comments:

  1. Stung into replying by your comments, Geoff! As a supporter of the LibDems I have learned it's easier to keep quiet recently. it seems to me odd that VAT can increase freom January but Income Tax allowances can't take effect for 11 months; so far, any beneficial results from the Coalition have failed to materialise. No, I don't agree with all the Coalition is doing - otherwise I would be a Tory - bur I do think something needs to be done, starting with the bankers and financiers, and senior management, not frontline staff. As for Rupoert Murdoch and Vince Cable, I'm glad to hear someone was prepared to stand up to him, and saddened that some slimy reportersa have interfered.
    Anyway, all the best , Geoff, and keep up the blog.
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Bernie. I agree that VC is to be congratulated for wanting to oppose "The Dirty Digger", but it must be a hard time to be a LibDem supporter, what with the anger of students over tuition fees. I'm sure most LibDems are wondering if they face extinction at the polls, come the next election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have enjoyed reading and contributing to this blog, will post more about music next year but it is more likely to be about Rock Music than Northern Soul which is a very personal thing. I am not so much an expert on the subject of Northern Soul (Which wasn't called that when I was involved) but more of a pioneer. I will mention the friends I made through this genre from Detroit and Chicago during this period, one very famous performer (real name Charles Edwin Hatcher) was booked to play at my wedding with a twelve piece band in 2004 but sadly died before the event. Merry Chrismas Everybody, hope you have a great 2011, I am packed out with work next year but will still find time to post here .

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great discussion forum. If you enjoy reading it and haven't contributed yet, don't be shy about putting in your own two penn'orth in the New Year.

    Happy Christmas everyone ~ except LibDems of course, because they'll be trying to buy back their souls.

    ReplyDelete